Careers: What to Expect
Prospecting is the single most crucial element in the business and presents the biggest challenge for most real estate agents.
Prospecting can be done in a number of ways:
- Contacting your sphere of influence
- Open houses
- Office inquiries
- Online techniques
- Handing out business cards
- And lots more!
The important thing to realize is that it's not easy, but must be done consistently in order to have a successful real estate career.
Some other activities you could expect to do on a daily basis:
- Tour new listings
- Preview homes
- Staying updated on real estate-related laws and issues
- Conduct and attend open houses
- Spend "floor time" at the office
- Attend closings with your clients
- Maintain relationships with your sphere of influence
- Follow up with clients and customers
- Prepare contracts for purchase and presenting offers for buyers, and offers from others to your sellers
- Complete market evaluations
- Show homes to prospective buyers
- Prepare and present listing proposals and marketing plans
- Facilitate communication between all the parties involved in the transaction
Do some research on becoming an agent now by trying our Career Center Tools at the right, where you can:
- Play the role of an agent.
- Interact with virtual clients interested in buying or selling prooperty.
- See how you measure up to the top performers in the industry.
Assess Your Personality
Are you suited for success in real estate sales?
Understand Your Skills
Sales skills can be taught and developed but you need to know where to start.
Try Our Hot Topic’s Quiz
Smart phones. Tweeting. Texting with your clients.
Test Drive A Career
The Real Estate Simulator will test your sales skills, IQ and personality all in one 45 minute-long assessment.